What Is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is a process that improves the visibility and ranking of your website in search engines.
There are many ways to improve your site’s visibility on search engines, but the most effective ones are those that help you rank highly in a variety of search terms. The more terms you can rank for, the more visitors you’ll get from people searching for those specific terms, which will result in more revenue for your business.
There are two main types of SEO techniques that can help increase your site’s visibility:
#On-page optimisation: This refers to optimising your content so that it’s easy for search engines to find and understand. This includes things like using #keywords in titles and descriptions, as well as making sure they’re relevant to each page on your site. On-page optimisation also includes making sure your site loads quickly so users don’t have to wait too long before seeing what you want them to see!
#Off-page optimisation: Off-page optimisation involves building links from other websites that link back to yours. You want these links because they’ll make it easier for people who are looking
How Does Google’s Ranking System Work?
The Google search engine has a complex algorithm that ranks websites based on the number of visitors they get, the quality of their content, and the amount of time people spend on their website.
When you type in a query into Google, the site will suggest various pages to you based on what you’re looking for.
To find out where these pages are ranked in relation to one another, Google uses an algorithm called #PageRank.
This algorithm takes into account all kinds of factors about each page’s content, including how many links point to it and how often those links have been clicked by other users.
#Google’s ranking system is complex, but it has four main factors that affect how your website ranks in search results.
1. Linking to high-quality, relevant websites—This is called “link juice.” A strong link from a top-ranking page can boost your site’s ranking.
2. Content and usability—This is what Google calls “user engagement,” which means that users spend time on a page reading or interacting with it and are more likely to click on ads or buy products if the content is engaging and easy to understand.
3. Page speed and availability of mobile versions—Google determines whether pages load quickly enough for users’ devices, especially if they’re trying to access them from mobile apps or other mobile devices.
4. Site quality—Google also considers how well the site’s design fits in with other sites on its ecosystem (like Google Maps), and whether there are any errors associated with its content or layout, like broken links or missing images.
Common Mistakes Websites Make That Damage Their SEO
As a website owner it is important to know where you may be going wrong with your SEO. . Here are some of the most common mistakes that websites make that hurt their ranking on Google.
1. Using Flash
Using Flash on your website can hurt your SEO because Google can’t read it or index it properly. You should always make sure that any content on your site is visible without having to use a plug-in or other third party software.
2. Using Duplicate Content
Duplicate content is when you have two pages on your site that have identical or similar content—whether that’s a blog post or an image gallery page. If Google finds duplicate content, it will penalise your site.
3. Not Optimising Your URL Structure
URLs should be easy for users to understand, but they also need to be optimised for search engines so search engine bots can read them and index them properly into their databases for people who are searching for specific terms related to what’s being discussed on those pages (i.e., keywords).
4. Too Many Ads
No one likes ad overload, and Google’s algorithm is no different. A website with a high amount of ads will likely rank lower in search engines because ads drive down user retention. Google is more likely to rank your website higher if people spend more time on it.
Tips For Your #Websites SEO
There are many ways to improve your website’s search engine optimisation (SEO).
The first step is to make sure that your site has a unique, keyword-rich URL. It should also have a clear title tag and meta description.
These elements will help search engines like Google identify your site and the content it contains.
You should also make sure that you have good quality backlinks. These are links from other websites pointing back to yours. The more high-quality backlinks you have, the better your site will rank in search results.
Finally, you can use social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to promote your website. This will also help increase its visibility on search engines like Google or Bing!
Here are a few bonus tips :
– Make sure remove anything that reduces your website speed (ads,large files)
– Use SEO tools such as DigiSites built in SEO tool
– Use keywords that describe your brand
– Delete pages on your website that don’t draw traffic (zombie pages)