With December in full swing, your site’s features could either make or break the increased demand for your products that the silly season could offer. As a result, it may be a good idea to capitalise on the holiday spirit and add some spice to your site to help drive more traffic to your page as well as increase sales. In this article we are going to show you how to do just that. We hope that you enjoy it!
1. Add a Temporary Holiday Theme
Adding a holiday theme to your website is not only easy, but it is also effective at driving sales and promoting your brand. According to a study from Retail Dive , 70% of shoppers feel more connection and relation to a brand when they create a holiday atmosphere on their website or social media. Not only will this help increase sales over the holiday season, but it is also more likely to increase brand loyalty and help your business stand out!
Here are some ways you can implement a holiday theme onto your website:
-Use christmas themed banners
-Add a countdown timer onto your site
-Change up your fonts
-Change titles to “Shop Gifts”
-Utilise plenty of greens and reds
These small changes on your site will be sure to get your visitors into the spirit of things and therefore you are able to achieve more effective results from the following four steps.
2. Offer Holiday Promotions
Converting visitors to buyers can be a tedious task. Luckily, holiday themed promotions are an effective and SEO loved tactic to increase sales. It works similarly to black friday sales where shoppers almost feel obligated to make purchases as they are led to believe that these promotions are only going to arise once a year.
Some promotions that you can implement include:
-Buy one, get one free (Or at a discount) deals
-Discount codes in return for an newsletter sign up
Not only can you give promotions on your popular products, but this is also a great time to clear some of your old or slow selling stock. This can be done by offering items at extreme discounts which can help you get rid of some of your stock that is struggling to sell.
Holiday promotions are also a key way to improve your site’s SEO. This is because many shoppers search for holiday or christmas deals when looking for gifts and if you can implement this into your site, it may be an easy way to draw some extra traffic to your site.
3. Create A Holiday Newsletter
With your holiday promotions ready to go, it’s the perfect time to send out a holiday newsletter to all your past and potential new customers. An email newsletter is an excellent way to reach out to customers and showcase your products because it is a more personal marketing approach. Moreover, newsletters are easy to create, so you won’t have to hire anyone to do them. Newsletters also allow you to promote your social media which is key to growing your brand identity and keeping on top of your competitors!
Here are some tips when making your newsletter:
-Keep it simple and catchy
-Don’t make it too long
-Include plenty of product photos
-Use the holiday theme throughout
-Provide value to the reader (Don’t just make a sales pitch)
Last but not least, include a discount code at the end of the newsletter for one of the products displayed. As a result, the reader feels special, which should lead to some more sales.
4. Post Holiday Themed Blogs
Holiday themed blogs are a great way to promote your product. If you can create a blog that has the right mix of holiday cheer, information, and product promotion, then you can get more people to visit your site and buy your products. Here are some tips on how to create an effective holiday themed blog.
1) Make sure that your blog is well-designed. This includes having an attractive layout and using high-quality images.
2) Make sure that the content on your blog is relevant to the holidays or Christmas in general. You should also make sure that the content is interesting enough for readers who aren’t necessarily interested in buying your products.
3) Add links throughout your blog so that people can easily find related content on other websites as well as purchase items from your website directly through those links (if possible).
4) Use social media platforms such as Twitter or Facebook to promote your new holiday themed blog post whenever it goes live so that more people will see what you’ve created!
5. Throw Some Freebies Into Orders
Lastly, in essence of the holiday spirit, why not throw some small freebies into your orders. This may seem like a loss to you but in the long run it will be beneficial to your website and your brand as a whole.
Here are 4 benefits of using this method:
1. It gives your customers a reason to come back to your store
2. It allows you to promote products you are trying to sell
3. It can be used as an incentive for customers who make a purchase
4. It helps build relationships with your customers
We hope that you enjoyed this article and found the information informative. We wish the best for you and your site of the festive season.